Thursday, September 07, 2006

London Trip



Arriving at the Leeds train station an hour early, I had my first Starbucks(!) so that I could sit about and wait while reading in their little seating area. The ride was rather idyllic, and I couldnt get photos taken fast enough for what I was watching whiz by. I was going to visit David and Lucy becuase Jean was still in Marakesh, due back that evening. I arrived in St. Pancras (believe this isn't the worse of them). I was met by David, Lucy and Beamish(something about black & white and the fact he is from Ireland) at West Brompton.

I went right back out the door to join David on a walk to his favorite pub The Farm. Everyone was splendid, and I had a Tiger beer (from Thailand). That night David cooked, and admittedly I might be visiting more often(!) Lucy was fun to talk to, and she wore the KDVS shirt I had given her the next day to school. Planning to hang out the next evening. That night Jean came in as if a tornado, pulling gifts and purchases that were wrapped in her "knickers" and silkens. We heard stories of goats who climbed trees, and women who retrieved the nuts from their excrements to grind into oil. Jeans explanation of the event: Wide mouth astonishment.
The next morning Jean and I walked Beamish in the park (never show him a ball unless you intend on playing for awhile).
I left the house after and visited the Albert and Victoria Museum, a bit put down that I missed the Ché Guevera exhibit, but everything is so amazing (x10 because its free). Afterwards I walked through Hyde park, where a woman almost ran a boy down, galloping on her horse.
I than visited Harrods, and was a bit put out by the mass tourism of it all (and the prices). but when I took the lift back down it made it ALL worth it.
Lucy made dinner that night: Salmon and vegetables (with her George Forman). And we basically gave up on our plans to do something and instead watched America's next top model. (Don't judge).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home