Thursday, September 07, 2006

Second Day of London

That was tuesday, and wednesday both Nancy and Troy were coming into London. I woke up and went to walk Beamish with Jean again (at a different park) and than went to go find the Design Museum. Now, I realize that yes, I do get lost easily but in a way, I wasnt the first american to make this mistake: There are bridges that go across the Thames in various places, but there is the Tower bridge and the London bridge. The museum was near Tower bridge. Now ask yourself, which is the pretty one? The one everyone knows? Well if you said London bridge, you were wrong. And so was I, and so was the whole country of America when they thought they were buying the "London bridge". So take that mistake, multiply it by a thousand and you have me. Although I kept asking for directions, it was never really specified which one was which and the fact there was a difference. So there you have Kristin's first Two hours around that area. If nothing else I worked off a weeks' worth of food.

After that I finally found the design museum. Personally, not worth 4 pounds. (it was bad.) But the museum definitely did a choice job of parting me from my money! Two magazines for Lucy to check out, and a book on undeground international graphic designers. (I was drooling).
I was to meet Nancy, Troy, David, Jean, Lucy and Beamish at The Farm around 5:30 for a pint and a chat, David was going to cook his famous risotto. The whole night was marvelous. Much laughing, talking, and recouting of stories. It was quite fun to be a part of.
After we had coffee and biscuits, I packed up, and dishes were cleared away, I was going to spend the night at Nancy's hotel. Waking up the next morning, we walked down to Nancy's favorite tea shop to get egg and bacon sandwiches with coffee. (I picked off the bacon). We then parted ways when Nancy and Troy's bus came to pick them up, and I hefted my backpacking knapsack to take the tube back to King's Cross (an hour early). Fortuneatly even though there was no where to sit, the knapsack was perfect for back support. My butt fell asleep though. I had bought Bill Bryson's Notes from a Small Island and was trying not to laugh out loud and startle those nearby. A recommended read to anyone who wants to know the sensation of spurting milk out their nose.
Back safe and whole, but the internet was dead for the all of Wednesday.


Between The Farm and David & Jeans is a street named Fabian, we took a picture for Fabian:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home