Sunday, December 31, 2006

social amsterdam

December 26 I hopped on a plane from London and flew over to Amsterdam for a week or so. Staying at Mike and Susie Richerson's house for that time, i had a HUGE house to myself, and didnt know what to do with myself. I collected my thoughts and acted a complete laze by simply sittin' about the first day. Because i was traveling alone, the situation seemed to be drastic. So signing into my travel website, i dropped a few lines to people in the neighborhood to see if they were in the mood to see Amsterdam with me, or show me what they like. I met girls from french-canada (Montreal), Finland and Belgium. All of whom were incredibly interesting people and plenty of fun to hang with.
Seeing Amsterdam and riding around on my bike has inspired me.
I want to live and work in Amsterdam.
But let me share a few pictures of what Amsterdam looks like:




Nighttime at the Rijksmuseum...or something nearby..!
The apple cake at Laité, and the interior with all the lamps. Everything in the café is for sale, all vintage.


And than I went out with a girl from Belgium, and met her boyfriend's old flatmate. Both very interesting people and quite fun to hang with. It was all very exciting.
Night time in vjeekt(?) street, home of Chinatown.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home