Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Its been awhile


The internet has died at our pub. (Or at least the wireless) So i am enjoying half a pint of guinness and getting caught up on my internet usage. ONe of which includes finally catching all of you up with mostly everything. I thought i would start with right now and make my way backwards.
First of all, I have to admit I have been quite lax on taking my camera with me on outings, or even simply taking it out for pictures in general. I apologize.
So lets begin! My days have been a combination of helping mom and dad find a place to stay nearby that they may enjoy in the neighborhood. (no small task considering the slight dodginess of the general area of hammersmith).
And than there is work. I am now assistant manager at my pub (a job gained partially by ability and partially because i am still here!!)
I am also in charge of cellar shift. That means that every wednesday at 8am I am rolling kegs around the cellar so that I clean the floor and the beer lines so that everything tastes of beer and not some ucky scum. It makes the difference.
We have been awarded the Casque Marque for the Ales which means that our Ales (served warm temperature and similar to what may be served at a microbrewery) are at perfect temperature, and that the lines are perfectly maintained. (Basically a lovely pat on the back). It also means tiding the basement, and recieving orders for our wines, spirits and odds and ends. I am certainly still learning. I have gotten more excited about Ales, but am finding our selection for the pub vaguely depressing in its limits. Nonetheless, the more we sell, the more we can branch out.
I also learned that the pub could have a cat (for mousing) And so we now have Luna. (Her nickname has subsequently become Lunatic - because she is one). And those are all the pictures you see posted up in this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home