Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Visit to Rome Pt2

Well, i figured that the first post was so chock full of images, so i needed to start another post to show all the remainder images. After the first couple of days of wandering, I was able to get in touch with a local Roman through my couchsurfing community. Franchesco was very nice and was incredibly good about showing me about, telling me how to properly pronounce LaVazza, and helping me out with riding the metro. (I had refused to ride it because of all the stories of tourist's things being stolen) We walked by the Vatican and the Spanish Steps (there were too many tourists to hang around for long), and than made our way back to our meeting place so he could head home. Short and sweet, but it was good fun. (I don't have pictures of that...but i do have pictures of an art installment of trashmen in the piazza that we met in) Unfortunately, I wasn't bothered to read why they were there...
The bead shop I came across by a double-take kinda thing. It was so colorful in there and i knew i had to leave with something...but i wasn't sure what and there were so many beads and so many colors that i am sure i spent between 30minutes and an hour in there just circling, circling the store and peering into everything. The store owner was very nice and a have a cool (very heavy) glass pendant for a necklace. The archangel is modern art that decorates the doorway of an ancient structure. I didn't have time to pop in b/c i was headed the other direction and had to meet francesco.
I had to stop and take a picture though. I had to stop and take a picture of this too:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home