Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snowing


Well. As you may have heard, it snowed here in London. for about 2 and a half days!! Everything shut down on monday. (I have to mention that London's response to the problem was pretty sad) Other cities keep chugging along, and London comes to a grinding stop. Trains, tubes, buses, all stopped and not running. Not even the circle line (which is all underground) But lets look at the positive side. It was beautiful!
One of my coworkers has never hit anyone with a snowball, so he took another bartender's arrival as a perfect opportunity to pelt him with a couple.
Personally, he looks quite like an evil little kid in this photo...

As some of you may know, I am not paying rent on my room because of a leak in my ceiling. Well, they thought they would get to the root of the problem. So this is their idea of smarts a two days before we had rain (after having none for 3 weeks, and a few days before we got our lovely smattering of snow).


I think we can put this down with men not reading directions, and than scratching their heads and wondering what could have possibly gone wrong.
And yet, we come back to the fact that I'm NOT PAYING RENT! So i can only get so angry. And really, a bucket in the middle of my room is really not much of a sacrifice in the long run. But i would like it sorted eventually... So we can get working on the floor boards to see what damage has been done over the years and through the other inhabitants of the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home