Wednesday, September 13, 2006

MOre edinburgh

Last night was the last night of Orientation for Schools through the University system. I got a bit drunk, had great fun, and than woke up at 7:30 the next morning after falling asleep at 4am.
And admittedly, its only writing that down that I realize how lame that might sound... Last night I went on a 'ghost and ghoul' tour of Edinburgh vaults under the streets near the royal mile (not really worth it personally-even though getting under there was pretty cool!) Than there was the drunk'ness. Today I visited the Royal Museum of Scotland (free) it was soo cool becuase it had all of those old school stuffed animals and pinned bugs. On one hand, very disturbing, but on the other it was just SO exciting. I will post pictures once i get back to Leeds. I spent 3.5 hours in there wandering about and perusing through everything. They had a floor with all old-school science equipment, including instruments invented for astronomy, chemistry, and random other science concepts. There was also one of the first cameras ever invented. There was a floor talking about sea creatures, and a bit on this one artist who created
models of sea creatures from glass, of which they showed 20+ models. (pictures promised)

There was a model of a dodo, and what the creatures in a drop of lake water look like:







Tonight I spend the night in the same hostel as before, and I am going to go out dancing with the girls from Davis. (which I ended up being too tired to do and almost fell asleep on the hostel couch)

––Apparently my description of 'drunk' may throw a bit of you off. I am a rather responsible drinker and when i do drink it is not to excess, as i like to know that I can get home each night if i need to depend on myself. Therefore 'drunk' for kristin is a bit tipsy with highly friendly overtones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home