Friday, September 15, 2006

Food for thought?


Well, today I had to get off my train from Edinburgh to Bourmouth at York because lightning had struck the Leeds station and the signal lights were out. They instructed us to 'alight' and take another train, as they were going to go around Leeds instead. Took me two seconds to realize that 'alight' meant 'leave' and that meant me. The train left and I and a few other passengers tried to figure out what to do. While waiting for the next train to come and bring us to Leeds a HUGE thunderstorm started up, wind, rain, and lightning bolts followed by thunder that rumbled on, wrapping around the station. 30 minutes of rain that would stop and start up again, to only be greeted by bright blue skies and small white clounds on our way to Leeds. The remainder of the day stayed sunny and bright.
I am now back in my dorm, not much has changed (that I know of) and celebrations of a kind happening in the kitchen across the way (the walls arent that thick)
And a couple more pictures just for the fun of it: the first is rather self-explanatory, and the second shows how a certain type of bird will reguritate it's food to fight off predators. (I thought the display was so bizarre, I HAD to share!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home