Sunday, October 01, 2006

First Week...

Well, I have readied you all for that big week, and than left you hanging. School started with my first class on Monday, histoy of "Nationalism, Colonialism and Religious Violence in India. The class is held in this big concrete building. Quite a difference from the red brick of my design hall. The oddest thing was how as you ascend the steps, it is laid out so that there is a door for each row in the classroom. It reminded me of Disneyland's approach to interactive movies.
My professor is incredibly nice and passionate about the topic. (And he pronunciates!) 10am-11. And than I was done for the day.
Tuesday involved finding out if I could handle getting up for a 9am class, I was late from waiting for the bus, and so instead attended the 1pm class. But before that, a discussion for history was held with the teacher. (No T.As!)
The design class was motion graphics. I expected flash and simplistic graphic techniques. Instead we are going to be creating our own 30 second film based on a book or an advert using graphic editing techniques and I am stumped for an inspiration. (but we can use any form of motion)

Wednesday I went to attend class to find that it doesn't start till this next week. So I haven't a clue what that will be about.
Thursday. Thursday I went to Manchester and got to see Nancy for the day.
That was the cherry on the top. Just getting to see her and talk was very nice. We had some thai food (I need to find better.) and socialize with her whole crew at 'the bank' a rather nice pub that we had dinner at my first night in England.
This weekend I went to go see some local music. The line up was rather random. first, a band that was evanensce wanna-be, and than a happy-ska line up of high-schoolers and than some boys dressed as the new mötley crüe stepped up to the mike.
I have provided visual evidence. It was all great fun and a good laugh.
The hall to the bathroom was pretty. It had great wallpaper.
Tomorrow school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home