Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cheesy factor


This is what I wrote for my proposal to have my own show at the Leeds Uni online radio:
(I am now somewhat regretting some of it)

A picture of Keegan and me dj-ing at KDVS (my last time)

Music is, personally, the most international form of communication. And although most people are willing to listen to various forms, there is not always the opportunity. Living in halls with a great variety of international students present, all with their personal favorites blasting from their dorms, I was inspired.
To have a radio station that brings the ecclectic favorites of international students to the programming of a British radio station. There is Philip the German who plays hard rock from both Germany and the states, and Vivi the Greek who has salsa music on her playlist. I don't even know how to explain what Ashi the Korean listens to.
These are those living on my fl
oor, and I hope to approach each person with a blank cd to ask for their personal favorites to than play. I like to play things that will catch your attention and keep you moving or bopping your head.
I love music, but I hope to learn even more by raiding my flatmates' ecclectic music tastes. I will also add in to the two hours, half an hour of old radio mystery shows.
The show would be good for mid-day because it would be an upbeat addition to any day.
The show would be in the moment with all the tracks and such pre-picked out.
In accordance to how I think LSR will be 'enhanced' I believe that would be by them allowing a time
for others to hear what is getting playtime around the world. It is hard to find new music, I wish to help the process by educating in a university setting.

They asked for a list of 10 songs that I may play on the show:

Huey 'Piano' Smith & The Clown-Don't You Just Know (link)
Madeleine Peyroux-Don't Wait Too Long
La Lupe-Fever (link)
Payom Moo-Tamai Dern Sae
fat freddy's drop-this room (link)
Peaches-Operate
The Casual Dots-Clocks (link)
Dj Jazzy Jeff-we live in philly
Jehro-Everything
Cab Calloway-The Man From Harlem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home