Monday, October 16, 2006

Tea anyone?


So I am Definitely behind in the schedule for regalling y'all with my adventures and so forth. Well, on Saturday I went with my friend Rob last minute to Harrogate. 20minutes by civilian train outside of Leeds. On arriving, it was definitely what everyone expects to find on going to visit England. Brick, cute shops, and handy little pubs with a great park just around the corner (right?). Well, thats at least what we found. Apparently a hotspot for their baths, it was visited "after the London Season" and before duck hunting/spending money we dont have season for lords and the such. The schedule at the bath for the time was quite good, but of course I didn't write it down for everyone else to realize the hilarity of it all.
Anywho, there is a cafe/bakery/tea company that has been around since 1919. Bettys. So after a nice stroll through the never-ending park, Rob and I decided it was time to be a bit more british, and go for some high tea at the
historical tourist trap of Bettys. Waiting in cue (Q?) for bout half an hour, it was definitely worth it. Tea and cakes-mmmm yum.
It was supposed to be sunny that day. It was... than windy, rainy, cold, warm, than finally: foggy! A spectacular day of british weather all told.
Tomorrow starts the third(?) week. Who
really knows.
Tuesday my parents leave California to fly to England! ...I think Im going to have to vacuum my room again!
Their room is booked at the Oak Villa-quite cute and quite expensive. I havent a clue about what to do with them yet. One step at a time.

I have figured out what to do for my 40sec film! A few shorts taken from "the worst case scenario survival handbook" I hope I can make it enjoyable enough. I'm working on that-due Tuesday! ;)
On this weeks news- Yesterday morning (this Saturday) when i went down to watch a bit of saturday cartoons, it was to find that a few of the indians in the building were already watching television...cricket. Apparently there is competition of sorts right now. I think I could even go so far as to say that I "understand" cricket now (granted, at a VERY simplified level). But nonetheless, I was quite captivated. Granted, it was Sri Lanka vs. West Indies and Sri Lanka was kickin' ass!

1 Comments:

Blogger Milan said...

kristinnnn! hi hi, how are you? you haven't written in a little bit

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home