Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Brok'd

Well, I admit that my blog has been long in coming, and admittedly, it is half realizing that i cannot procrastinate on my studies as much, and half that the wireless was down in Mary Morris. Apparently they have fixed that. We will see tonite when I try to write another blog. But for now, lets do a little cap of my parent's visit.
You have all seen their return, not exactly laden with gifts, but with stories. Well they came into Leeds and didn't listen to my suggestion to take a taxi. I had to go fetch them from where they had gone. But it all went rather well after that. They took a nap while I went to lecture, and than we got together for a little coffee and than a walk into the city centre for dinner (1.8miles). They did rather well!
I took them to the Thai restaurant above the asian market in China-block. They liked it. one meal down, a few more to tackle.
Thursday was to be a day out, but rain threatened...and than it was sunny. No matter. They got to see my university, and we had sandwiches mom and dad had made with cheese from the italian cafe. (i got left-0ver Acme bread-YUM!)
I'll fast forward. That night for dinner we bought some food at the market and ate it with my flatemate Vivi in my kitchen. That was quite neat. And very fun. Following that, I brought them to my favourite bar-Arcadia. Non-smoking. I think my mom enjoyed the atmosphere.
Dad and mom partook of some lovely beer. (belgium...non-alcoholic)
The next night, or the one after, my parents treated a few of my friends to dinner. I got a suggestion for an Indian restaurant from an Indian guy who knows his way around Leeds. And than to top it off, he had a frequent buyer's card that got us 10% off the bill.
Everyone enjoyed it, and there was enough to go around. (mom and i took over the ordering). After that, it was suggested to go see the morrocan cafe across the way. Mint tea and banana and cinnamon milkshakes. Delicious. We all piled into a corner and enjoyed the conversation and the atmosphere. two greeks (Fotis and Vivi), one belgium (Dennis), and a german (Julia).
Sunday we went to visit aunt Lily and met her son and his two sons. Lily is quite a woman. I hope I am that charismic when I get to that age. It was all quite good. Yet there was much drama with getting to and from there. (My parents had difficulty navigating the British roads.) It was fun having them there, and quite overwhelming almost (took time off to study for a bit.) One of the days they went to Harrogate. I think they enjoyed it, mom got her clotted cream fixing.
And than I went off to Amsterdam to meet them at Miker's on Friday. Next post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is Aunt Lily a real aunt? How is she related to your family?

11:07 PM  
Blogger kriorio said...

aunt lily is sister to my dad and sibling's grandmother. one of nine children...its easy to stick around for a little longer. I believe of the nine (or is it 14?) there are only 3 left. lily in england, one in ireland, and a priest in arizona.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home